Following the Wernher von Braun route, discover how the V2 rocket, a real weapon of destruction, is actually the ancestor of all present-day rockets. La Coupole will help you understand the links between war, science and Nazism and the way in which the scientific leaders of a war became the pioneers of the space race.
Peenemünde and the A4/V2 rocket
- Animation, in relief, of the workings of the A4/V2 rocket engine (3 min)
- V2 rocket
- V2 engine
The V1/ Peenemünde and Los Alamos
- V1 rocket
- Touch Table "Aerial reconnaissance and photo-interpretation"
- Film: "3D reconstruction of the Mittelwerk underground factory and the Dora concentration camp" (4 min)
- Actual size replica of the Little Boy atomic bomb
Dora. The V1 and V2 in London and Antwerp
- Film: "The special constructions" (8 min)
- Series of four models
The legacy of Peenemünde and the conquest of space (1945-1969)
- Silent film: "Discovery of Dora-Nordhausen by the Americans" (5 min)
- Film: "The conquest of space" (22 min)
- Same-scale series of 7 model rockets (1/20) and scale 1 model of Sputnik
- Comics on rockets
Highlights of the circuit
A genuine V2 missile and a 3D film about its engine ; looking at various themes : a reproduction of "Little Boy", the atomic bomb which was dropped on Hiroshima, mock-ups of rockets on a scale of 1/20e ...